Written by Administrator Saturday, 12 February 2011 06:08
The institution is organized in a huge 3 storied building with a total built up area of 7000 sq.m comprising of classrooms, tutorial rooms, laboratories, seminar hall, library, computer and internet laboratories etc.
Equipment and instruments
- The college machine room has various machines used in the pharmaceutical industries at different stages of production, quality control and packing.
- Tabletting machines, coating and polishing pans, bottle filling machines, and Q.C. instruments like Friability Tester, DT and Dissolution Test Apparatus, are present in the machine laboratory.
- The Central Instrument Laboratory which supports the various research activities has advanced equipment such as Double Beam U.V. visible spectrophotometer, H.P.L.C (Agilent Technologies ) with U.V.- detector, Brookfield Viscometer, Visible Colorimeters, Karl – Fischer Autotitrator, Nephelometers, Lab India Disso ( USP Dissolution Rate Test Apparatus )
- Important equipments and instruments added in various other laboratories include , single pan balance, pH meters, refractometer, conductivity meter, BOD incubator, , tray drier, laminar flow unit, , digital flame photometer, digital potentiometer, colony counter, Convulsiometer, Analgesiometer, Histamine Chamber.
Seminars and Symposia Organized
- The institute regularly organizes seminars on advanced and thrust areas of pharmaceutical sciences and periodically organizes professional activites such as National Pharmacy Week, Drug Awareness Programmes etc. Some of the topics of important seminars include :
- Phytochemical and Pharmacological Investigations on Mangrove Plants on 5/3/2010
- Clinical Research in Drug Development on 12/09/2009
- Drug Regulatory Affairs in Drug Discovery on 21/08/09
- Stability Studies and ICH Guidelines in Formulation Development on 02/02/2009
- Method Development and Trouble Shooting in HPLC Methods of Analysis on 18/11/2008
- Biopharmaceutics & Pharmacokinetics in Drug Research on 17/8/2008
- Contamination and Cross Contamination on 24/11/2007
Industry – Academic Partnership
- Visiting Faculty
- Eminent persons in the field of Pharmacy drawn from industry, Drugs Control department, teaching profession and hospitals, visit the college and address the students and staff on important topics in the profession.
- Guest lectures arranged by scholarly and experienced persons help the students and staff to update their knowledge.
Memoranda of Understanding Entered
- The institute has signed a MoU with the Government General Hospital, Kakinada to train the students and teaching staff in Clinical Pharmacy Services and establish a Model Pharmacy Practice Division in the institute.
- An MoU is entered into leading Drug Manufacturers such as Hetero Drugs, Gland Pharma to provide project training facility for the post graduate and under graduate students
Last Updated on Wednesday, 08 June 2011 11:06